Whole Wheat, Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic chocolate chip cookies are an absolute delight and I love baking my version at home, regularly! Last week, I baked around 100 of these cookies for orders in my apartment and it was therapeutic, I must say! They are soft, gooey and absolutely delicious. Not to mention, made with whole wheat. There are so many versions of these cookies on the internet, so joining that club, here is my healthy homemade version! I add a little bit of cream cheese in mine, as it really adds to the flavor. You can, however, skip it. Let us see the ingredients needed to bake these:
165gms softened butter
40gms softened cream cheese (can be skipped, by increasing butter)
150gms brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200gms whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
8-10 tbsp chocolate chips
The measurements given above can yield 14-16 medium size cookies. If you want to bake more, just double the recipe! Here is the simple procedure to follow for baking these beauties-
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a baking bowl, till it becomes pale and fluffy. I use my hand blender for this but, if you don’t have it, you can use your balloon whisk as well.
- Add the vanilla essence here and combine this to a smooth mix.
- Sift in the flour to the bowl, add the baking powder and soda too.
- Start combining by using the cut and fold technique.
- When done halfway with the mixing, add the chocolate chips and mix well, till you do not see any flour pockets.
- Once done, freeze this dough for 30 minutes.
- Now, line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop out cookie dough on this.
- Do not keep the cookies too close to each other as they will spread in the oven when baked.
- Bake in a preheated microwave oven at 190 degrees for 15-17 minutes. If you want soft cookies, bake for a lesser time and if you want crunchy ones, bake for 17 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack before consumption.
Hope you guys enjoy this cookie recipe and will try it at home! Let me know if you do!