Vegan, healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The classic Chocolate chip cookies are loved by many and it is probably one of the first things a beginners learns to bake. For me, however, it happened a bit later once I baked a few healthy goodies at home. We purchased both chocolate and white chocolate chips from a local store and that made me excited to bake the classic cookies finally! Since we practice only healthy baking at home, the cookies had to be done with wheat. And, we had some almond butter lying around, gifted by our family friend, which needed to be put to use. That’s how, on a boring night in the lockdown, these vegan chocolate chip cookies were made. And boy, they were relished by my family over 2-3 days. You can have them with milk, tea, coffee or as a sweet something post your meals! The best part is that these cookies do not disappoint!
They say when you want to bake easy and learn baking, choco chip cookies should be your first choice! So, you can understand that they are simple to bake, delicious to taste and one cant’ resist it. Let us jump to the recipe:
What you need : (bakes 10-15 medium size cookies)
Almond Butter/any nut butter – 60gms- 1/4 cup
Soya Milk/Almond Milk – 100ml – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Essence- 1/2 tsp
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Light Brown Sugar- 120gms – 1/2 Cup
Whole wheat flour – 120gms – 1/2 Cup
Chocolate Chips- 1/2 Cup
- In a bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla essence.
- Slowly sift in the wheat flour and baking powder
- Add in the milk gradually to the mix.
- It will be a tight mixture, to which you need to fold in the chocolate chips. Keep a few extra to use on top of the cookies while baking.
- Freeze the dough for 30 minutes once everything is mixed.
- Preheat the oven and keep the cookie tray ready, lined with parchment paper.
- Scoop out even size cookies and lay them on the tray. Press them flat and decorate with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes till the cookies are slightly brown.
-The cookies do not spread much while they are baking.
-These are healthy and vegan. For a non vegan version, you can replace with regular milk and butter.
-If you want to bake more number of cookies, double the recipe
-The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days (They usually don’t last for so long!)