Two Ingredient Chocolate Cake
When the lockdown period started throughout the world due to COVID-19(in the year 2020), we were trying to come up with recipes that require less ingredients, can be done easily at home and is delicious at the same time! During this brainstorming session, we came up with the idea of making a cake with two ingredients. It is a flourless cake that we experimented with at home first, before figuring out and uploading the recipe on our Youtube Channel. It was a successful experiment and, that we couldn’t wait to share! So, here is how you make it:
What you need:
100gms Chocolate( any chocolate you have, we have used Milk Chocolate here)
2 Large or 3 medium size Eggs
- Separate the yolk and the egg white in two separate dishes first for all the eggs.
- Use a hand blended for whisking the egg whites, till it becomes frothy and airy. This cannot be done manually as it is very time consuming and the consistency will not be the same.
- After you whisk for a good 12-15 mins, the mix should form stiff peaks which is when you know that the blending is done.
- Now, melt the chocolate that you have, either in a microwave or using a double boiler.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the egg yolks.
- Now, mix the egg white mixture with this and incorporate through the cut and fold technique.
- Drop this mixture in a lined baking tray of any shape.
- Tap the mixture on the counter to make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Bake in a microwave for 30 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Turn the pan when it’s done, take out the parchment paper and let it cool.
- Slice and enjoy !
This is a light, airy and soft cake that you can have with tea or coffee or as a dessert. We loved it and hope you do too! Happy Baking !
For more recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel.The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.