THANDAI Cookies for the perfect Holi bake!
The festival of colors is round the corner which means it is time to cook or bake delicacies at home! I am always excited about festivals because it comes with a lot of food! While contemplating on the special Holi recipe, I made some homemade Thandai powder which was lying around. I knew I had to use it in a bake and what’s quicker/better than homemade cookies! That’s when I wore my baking gloves and started making these Holi special cookies. They are crunchy, easy to bake and have a festive feel that you need to try!
For baking these, you need to have the homemade Thandai powder ready and here is how you can do so:
In a mixer, grind the following ingredients to a fine powder:
10-12 chopped almonds
6-8 cashew nuts
100gms brown sugar
2 pieces of green cardomom
2 tbsp melon seeds
2 tbsp fennel seeds
3 tbsp poppy seeds
Reserve this Thandai powder too be used later in the recipe.
Now, let us bake some cookies! Here are the ingredients you require:
55gms salted/unsalted butter
50gms coconut sugar/brown sugar/jaggery powder
100gms wheat flour/atta
30gms Oats flour
4-5 tbsp Thandai powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
2-3 tbsp milk, if required
Sliced almonds for decoration
- Cream the softened butter and sugar till it becomes fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix
- Add in the Thandai powder and mix well
- Add in both the flours and combine to a dough
- Add 2-3 tbsp milk, if the dough feels dry.
- Rest the dough for 10-15 minutes before shaping.
- Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to form desired shapes. I used star shaped cutters!
- Lay the cookies on a lined tray, top with sliced almonds or pistas and bake at 180 degrees for 15-18 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- Let the cookies cool completely before consumption.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe of Thandai cookies and will try them for the festive season! They are delicious, let us know in the comments your feedback on this recipe.