Crunchy & healthy Flax Seed Crackers
Crackers are super crunchy, perfect accompaniment to your hot cup of tea or coffee in the evenings or mornings. We all need something to munch on while sipping that daily dose of tea. What if you can make these at home and make them super healthy as well? We had a packet of flax seeds lying around at home that we wanted to use and what better than integrating them in a baked dish. Pro tip: Flax egg works great as a substitute for eggs in baking cakes or cookies as the texture resembles that of an egg. Getting back to the point, we baked these quick, crunchy and healthy crackers at home and couldn’t resist having a handful at once! So, read along to know how we made them:
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
¼ Cup Flax Seeds
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Chilli Flakes
½ tsp parsley
½ tsp oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
Water to make the dough
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the olive oil and form a crumbly dough.
- Add the water slowly and just enough to make a non sticky dough.
- Let this dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll it out like rotis, cut out shapes of your choice.
- Place them on a well oiled baking tray or a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee!
Are you making these at home? Comment below if you do and let us know!
For more healthy baking or cooking recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel.