Pizza Hut style CONIZZA made healthy at home
Do you remember Conizza or Cone Pizza that is available at Pizza Hut on order? We remember having it a couple of times and enjoying a unique way to have everyone’s favorite, Pizza. At the time, it was an innovative and new dish in the market that everyone wanted to try, especially the kids! Nonetheless, the crust is made with Maida or APF which makes it not such a healthy product for consumption. During the lockdown phase, we thought of recreating this dish at home with a semolina base or cone and fill them with our choice of veggies or chicken. This would make it healthier than the store bought ones and of course, you can fill in whatever you want in the cones! Let us learn how to make CONIZZA at home:
For the base or dough with Semolina:
Semolina/Chiroti Rava (the super fine version, if you have any other version, grind it in the mixer to make it fine) – 500 gms
Yeast- 1.5 tbsp (instant yeast)
Salt- 2 tbsp
Olive Oil- 20 ml
Water- 250 ml+50 ml (if needed)
METHOD to make the dough:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and 250 ml water to make a soft dough. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead the rested dough on the counter for 10 minutes using stretch and fold method.
- The dough will now become soft and elastic
- Let this dough rest for 45 minutes-1 hour till it doubles up in volume. This is the first proving of the savory dough.
- When it doubles up, take half the dough on the counter and roll it out.
- Divide it in four parts and use the steel conicals to wrap the dough around it. We purchased these conicals from Amazon at a cost friendly rate. Oil the conicals before wrapping the dough around it.
- Now, bake these cones in an preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take the ready cones out and let it cool down. Let us prepare the filling now.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Sautee 12-14 pods of chopped garlic and half of a green chilli in it.
- Fry 1 chopped onion in it.
- Add your choice of veggies, chicken in it and mix well. We added corn, capsicum, zuchinni, chicken sausages, black olives.
- Add 1 tbsp each of salt, red chilli flakes, parsley, oregano to this and mix well. Your filling is ready! Add more seasoning if needed.
- Add the filling to the prepared semolina cones. Grate some mozzarella cheese on the cones.
- Bake the filled cones at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
Your Conizza is ready! Enjoy with your loved ones. For more recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel.