Healthy Pizza Crackers for the perfect tea time snack!
If you are like us and struggle with evening snacks to kill the hunger pangs, then this is the perfect recipe for you! One always needs something to munch on while sipping on that hot cup of tea or coffee. It becomes even better when the snack is baked and healthy. We made these simple, super crunchy crackers at home during lockdown and could not stop binging on them! We warn you that you can’t stop at just one cracker!
Let us learn how to make these Pizza Crackers at home:
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Oats Flour
1 tbsp Salt
4 tbsp Olive Oil
Cold Butter- 2 tbsp
Grated Cheese – 4 tbsp
Baking Powder- 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes, parsley, oregano (italian herbs)- 1 tbsp each
Water to bring the dough together
1. In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix.
2. Rub the cold butter in the dough and then add the grated cheese.
3. Add the Olive oil to get a crumbly dough.
4. Finally, add enough water to make a semi soft dough.
5. Rest the dough in a well oiled bowl for 30 minutes
6. Roll out a ball from the dough (like a roti) and cut out desired shapes. Make sure you roll them out thin for crunchy crackers. Poke holes on them using a fork in order to avoid them from puffing up.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or olive oil
8. Bake the crackers at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
The crackers will be crunchy and can be stored upto 2 weeks in an airtight container. Enjoy with tea or coffee, the taste of pizza in a cracker. For more healthy recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel.