Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with white chocolate frosting
“When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile.” – Anne Byrn
Cupcakes are a classic indulgent dessert that nobody can say no to easily! I know, I cant. Moist cupcakes with simple frosting are a delightful dessert and it’s even better when they are guilt free! On a boring weekday during the lockdown, I decided to bake these beauties for my family and give gluten free baking a try. And boy, they were delightful! You can’t stop at just one. Baking is a passion for me, that I truly enjoyed indulging in it during the lockdown phase and wish to continue, even when I have little time in my hands. Healthy baking is what I practice at home and want to innovate dishes only with that, be it cakes, cookies or cupcakes! These are the first of my many healthy cupcakes! So, are you ready, for this recipe?
These are the list of ingredients you need:
125 gms almond flour (regular almonds ground in the mixer)
40 gms unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
4 eggs at room temperature
60ml honey/maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Grind 125gms almonds in a mixer and keep the almond flour ready.
- Add the almond flour to a bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder to this.
- Add baking soda, salt to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl, add 4 eggs, honey, vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add the liquid and dry ingredients till they are well incorporated.
- Grease a muffin tray with oil, place muffin liners on them.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Pour the prepared batter in the muffin liners(only till 3/4th) and tap the tray on the counter a few times, in order to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool down for 10-15 minutes before starting the frosting.
I went with a simple frosting here to complement the rich and moist chocolate cupcakes. In a microwave oven or using the slow boiler method, melt 12-14 pieces of white chocolate with 6-8 tbsp of fresh cream, 2 tbsp of light brown sugar and 1tbsp honey. This would help in forming a smooth (not runny) ganache that you can spread on the baked cupcakes. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the white chocolate ganache on each cupcake. Top with sliced strawberries and serve!
I absolutely loved baking and enjoyed consuming these gluten free, guilt free cupcakes. They were fluffy, perfectly baked and not too sweet! And, that’s how I love my bakes. Moreover, the sliced strawberries gave it a contrasting taste for cutting through the sweetness of the cupcake.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and will try making them at home!