Gajar Halwa Tart for a festive bake with a twist!
Warm homemade Gajar Halwa is a delicacy like no other, especially during the festive time. During Diwali, sweets, halwas, ladoos, dry fruits are stocked in abundance at home, whether you get it from relatives or purchase them. Moving slightly from the conundrum of consuming sweets only during this time, we thought of creating an Indian fusion dessert for a hatke Diwali celebration! So, we combined our healthy homemade tart base with Gajar halwa and it was a match made in heaven! You can make this at home for your loved ones too, let us find out how:
For the healthy tart base, these are the ingredients you need:
1 Cup Oats Flour
1/2 Cup Almond flour
½ Cup Dates Paste
2 tbsp Coconut Oil/regular oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp lemon zest
½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl to a sticky dough. Use 2 tbsp water, in case the dough does not come together.
- Stick the dough carefully in a removable pie tin and bake this at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- The base will have a golden crust and can be easily replaced from the tin.
- Now, layer the base with softened cream cheese (you can add jaggery with it, if you like).
- Add homemade gajar halwa as the next layer.
- Top with dry fruits
Enjoy this festive bake with a twist and share with your loved ones!