Floral Wreath Chicken Ring – The story of Kouser Rizwan
Every baker’s house that we have walked into, we have been greeted with a lot of warmth but this was the first time we were also greeted with a cake, made especially for us! Yes, that is what Kouser had baked for us in her signature rose and pistachio flavour along with the bake that she would finally demonstrate for our Youtube channel.
Homebaker Kouser Rizwan, upon shifting to Bangalore, decided to experiment in baking and soon realized she had a knack for it along with cooking. Orders from friends and family started to flow in and she had a thriving baking venture called ‘Bake County‘ from the comfort of her home. For us, she had prepared a special chicken wreath, which was minced flavoured chicken stuffed in a bread, made from scratch, and then baked.
Honestly, it was hard for us to wait to see how it is being made and then to check what it tasted like. Preparing the bread from scratch is the pain point of the recipe because it requires both skill and patience. The dough needs to proof before it can be baked to a golden brown perfection. The final wreath was crusty, baked to perfection and full of flavours from the freshly baked bread and the chicken that had been stuffed. The best part about this bake is its versatility. It can be had for breakfast and also for a quick snack in the evening. Let us learn how to bake this at home, step by step:
Egg 1 Salt
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Dry active Yeast
6 grams Oil
5 tbsp Warm Milk for kneading
1. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl, add Egg to this.
2. Mix well with a spatula and then knead this with warm milk till it is soft.
3. Apply 2 tbsp of Oil for letting the dough to rise
For the filling (Non Veg)
Shredded Chicken 200gms
Pepper and salt to taste
Butter 4 tbsp
Mixed Herbs 1/2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds for sprinkling
4. In a pan, heat butter and fry the veggies.
5. Add Pepper, salt, herbs, and remove from the flame.
6. Now, add the Milk slowly and whisk it
7. Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
8. Take the kneaded bread, it would have doubled in size. Punch it to remove the air
9. Make 2 parts of the dough and roll one of it into a rectangle shape.
10. Place the chicken filling in this and give the shape as shown in the video.
11. Brush with Milk, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 Minutes.
Let it cool, cut it and serve with your favorite dips!
We hope you enjoyed this homemade bread recipe and will give it a try!
The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.