Eggless & healthy Waffles with/without waffle maker
Waffles are the ultimate breakfast or dessert option that we love having! We would order it from outside occasionally when we craved for it but during the lockdown, this was not an option. So, what do we do? We tried making this at home, make it healthy and enjoy it too! And yes, the experiment was a success after a few trials. This is the easiest waffle recipe that you need to try at least once with or without a waffle maker! We do not buy all purpose flour or maida anymore, we avoid it completely from our daily meals as well as desserts. So, the waffles had to be whole wheat! Here is what you need to make the batter:
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1.5 Cups Jaggery Powder/Brown Sugar/Coconut Sugar (any healthy sweetner)
2.5 Cups Soya Milk/Almond Milk/Regular Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
½ Cup Melted Butter
½ tsp Baking Powder
Add 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder and melted chocolate in the dry ingredients if you wish to make them in chocolate flavor!
- Mix the dry ingredients with a spoon in a large bowl.
- Add the essence, melted butter, milk and mix it all together to get a homogeneous mixture. Add 2-3 tbsp more of milk if the mixture looks dry.
- When you get a consistent batter, grease a waffle maker and pour the batter there. If you do not have a waffle maker, use a sandwich maker instead, to get super crispy waffles!
- Wait for 7-8 minutes till the waffles are cooked.
- Garnish with honey, fruits of your choice, chocolate sauce, dry fruits.
Hope you will enjoy making and having these healthy waffles at home! We make them all the time and trust me, they are delicious! Easy, non fussy, quick and a good solution for those dessert or sweet cravings. For more healthy recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel.
The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.