Eggless & Spongy Wheat Chocochip Muffins
It’s been a long week with the world turning upside down, almost everyday. The news we read on social media and hear from our loved ones is not flattering either. During these tough times, I like to bake something for my family, in order to take my mind off of things. Baking is therapeutic, it makes me calm and helps to give my creative brain a rest. Creation can be fun, intimidating, fulfilling, all at the same time, I believe. I am no expert in baking, especially when it comes to eggless baking but these wheat muffins are my go to recipe now! It’s healthier than your regular muffins, super spongy and taste so good! They are a family favorite, and I can have them absolutely anyday as a dessert or a tea time snack. Hence, sharing them with you and hoping that you guys try these at home. Let us start with the basic ingredients you need for baking these beauties:
1/2 tsp baking soda
65ml Olive Oil/White Oil
65ml melted butter (salted/unsalted)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
170gms brown sugar/coconut sugar/jaggery powder
200gms whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
8-10 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a baking bowl, add the curd and the baking soda. The acidic curd reacts with the soda to form a foamy texture that helps to make the final muffins spongy. Set this aside for 8-10 minutes.
- In the same bowl, add melted butter, oil and mix gently with a spatula. Do not whisk it as you can end up losing the air in the batter.
- Add the sugar at this step, make sure it is in powdered form.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix, Your liquid ingredients are ready!
- Sift the whole wheat flour twice before adding to the batter. Add the baking powder at this step and mix gently.
- Combine the batter using cut and fold, making sure that you do not overmix. Only mix till no flour pockets are visible.
- Line a muffin tray and pour the batter in individual cavities. Only fill till 3/4th of the capacity as the muffins will rise while baking.
- Sprinkle chocochips on each muffin and tap on the counter once before baking.
- Bake at 180 degrees C in a preheated microwave oven for 20 minutes.
- Check if the toothpick comes out clean and let the muffins cool down for 10 minutes.
This muffin recipe yields 14-15 standard size muffins. Double the recipe in case you want to bake more!
Did you like the recipe? Comment your feedback and share your muffin pictures with us on Instagram – @rasoisaga
Eggless Whole Wheat Chocochip Muffins | Spongy vanilla muffins at home! | Healthy Baking | RasoisagaHey! Welcome back to a new video! We are back with a healthy baking recipe and this time, it's a basic and fun one! It's the much requested, eggless Vanilla muffins with chocolate chips! We have made a healthier version in this video and hope you guys will try them!
Get the written recipe here- http://www.rasoisaga.com/eggless-spongy-wheat-chocochip-muffins/
Share your muffin pictures with us on Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/rasoisaga/
Our last healthy baking recipe- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQR8csmpt0g
Don't forget to subscribe and hit the bell icon for more healthy baking recipes as well as restaurant recommendations.
#egglessvanillamuffins #wheatmuffins #chocochipmuffins #healthybaking