Eggless Red Velvet Cookies for Christmas!
Christmas is the season for cookies, isn’t it? Home smells and feels different with the merry vibes of Christmas all around. If you open Instagram at this time of the year, it is filled with beautiful images of goodies baked by people and it is such a delight to witness them! Having scrolled through hundreds of these images, I was inspired to bake these red velvet cookies! They are made with whole wheat, are super crunchy when they cool down and taste absolutely delicious. Perfect for Christmas and the winter season with a cup of hot chocolate, these cookies are a delight! Are you ready to bake them? Read on for the healthy bake recipe:
200gms (1 Cup) Whole Wheat Flour/Atta
½ tsp baking soda
110gms (1/2 cup) butter
100gms (1/2 Cup) Jaggery Powder
80 gms (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
50 ml or 4 tbsp Milk/Soya Milk
2 drops of red food color
½ Cup White Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the softened butter and both the sugars until they are well combined.
- Add in the vanilla essence and the food color.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the liquid and mix.
- Add in the milk in parts to the mix and incorporate it well.
- When the dough is formed, chill it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookies as per your choice and sprinkle white chocolate chips on them.
- Bake these at 180 degrees for 15-18 minutes till they are done.
- Cool it for 10-15 minutes before consumption
These healthy red velvet cookies can be stored in an air tight container for a week, but they usually don’t last for so long! So, go ahead and make them for the Christmas season and enjoy with your friends and family.