Eggless, Fluffy Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes
Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts and I love indulging in them! I remember buying cupcakes almost every week after my college would get over. Be it red velvet, vanilla, chocolate, caramel, cupcakes were my go to dessert fix. After the pandemic happened and I started experimenting more in the field of baking, I knew that I had to make healthy cupcakes as well. In the beginning, I made wheat cupcakes with eggs, which turned out really delicious and eventually, I tried an eggless version as well. Personally, I like this eggless version more- it’s super moist, fluffy and so delicious. The best part is that you can bake them quickly, with easy ingredients available in your pantry. For the frosting, we have kept it really simple. Read on for the recipe, let us start with the ingredients for the cupcakes (makes 14):
2 tsp vinegar
210gms brown sugar/jaggery powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200gms wheat flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
one pinch salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp water (if required)
- In a bowl, take the milk and add vinegar to it. Let it rest for 8-10 minutes and allow it to curdle.
- Once it has curdled, add the sugar, oil, vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Sift the wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda twice and add to the batter.
- Mix everything well till you do not see any dry flour in the batter. Do not overmix.
- If you feel that the mixture is getting very dry, add 1-2 tbsp water
- Your cupcake batter is ready, preheat your oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes
- Line a muffin tray with liners and drop the batter in it. Fill only till 3/4th as the cupcakes will rise.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
We have taken two ingredients for the cupcake frosting here- Amul Dark Chocolate and Tropolite Whipping Cream
- Melt 100gms dark chocolate in a microwave or double boiler, let it cool down slightly. Add 25-30 ml of whipping cream and whip till stiff peaks are formed.
- Once it holds shape, pour it in a piping bag with the required nozzle.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes only when they have completely cooled down, otherwise it will start melting.
- Decorate the cupcakes as you like. We used sprinklers, chocolate chips and dried raspberries.
I enjoy baking these homemade healthy beauties, why don’t you give it a try too?