Dim Posto / Eggs in Poppy seeds paste recipe
A traditional Bengali lunch – Dim Posto, is a crowd favourite when it comes to a filling and delicious meal. The main ingredient here is the poppy seeds or the posto, which is a delight among Bengalis and is used for making vegetarian delicacies as well. It goes best with steaming white rice, so let us see how to cook this at home:
- Make a paste in a mixer with 4-5 tbsp of poppy seeds, 2 green chillis and 1/2 cup water. Keep it aside
- Keep the required amount of eggs and potatoes boiled, to be cooked later.
- In a kadhai, heat 2 tbsp mustard oil, add a tbsp of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Fry the eggs and potatoes in this till they turn golden brown.
- Keep the slightly fried boiled eggs aside and add sliced onions to the kadhai.
- Mix everything well and add the poppy seeds paste.
- Now, add the eggs, water, 2 more green chillies and let everything cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1/2 tbsp brown sugar at the end for balancing the flavours.
- Serve hot with white rice!
I hope you all liked this recipe and will try at home! For a visual understanding, refer to the recipe video on my Youtube channel. Do try this homely recipe for your family and relish it!