Bread Pulao – a 15 minute recipe
Bread Poha or Bread Pulao is not an unknown delicacy. It is a favourite of many who love bread in all forms and are lazy to cook, at times! It is a one pot dish that you can make, with several customisations, when the hunger pangs hit. A good and quick recipe for working mothers, Bread Pulao seems to be a saviour when children demand for snacks in the evening. Our mother has made us a fan of this dish by making it in the best possible manner, everytime she cooks it. It is an amalgamation and the perfect balance between sweet and spicy. Might we mention, the textures are varied and interesting as well. The softness of the bread, crunch from the peanuts, mushiness from the potatoes, makes it a full and interesting meal.
I am sure you get the gist of what I am talking about and if you want to know how our mother makes this dish at home, read on for the recipe:
INGREDIENTS (For 2 people):
Bread slices : 8-10
Onions – 2 small
Boiled Potato- 1
Fried Peanuts: 10-15
Green Peas- around 100 gms
Green Chilly – 1
Red Chilli powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder- 1/2 tbsp each
Salt to taste
Sugar – a pinch
1. Keep fried peanuts ready before starting to make the dish. You can fry the peanuts in white oil.
2. In the same oil, add butter, chopped onions and stir.
3. Once the onions start turning brown, add chopped green chilli and a boiled potato.
4. Stir everything and add salt to taste.
5. Add peanuts and peas and mix. Add the bread pieces now, roughly broken with hands
6. Add all the powders here one by one and mix.
7. Add a pinch of sugar and cover the kadhai with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
8. Open the lid, mix and serve hot!
Simple enough? Why don’t you make this dish with your own spin?
Trust me, you will make it again and again!
The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.