Bangalore restaurants I explored recently and loved!
Hi there! Hope you are doing well, on the other side! It’s been a while that I posted a blog here, but I have been active on my other social media platforms, such as Youtube and Instagram. Over the past few months, I have collaborated with a ton of restaurants in Bangalore for promotional purposes, and thought of sharing with my readers, my top picks among them! Here are a few I loved:
- Otto’s – This is a newly opened bar in Marathalli that I was invited to, for a tasting. I went here with my mother on a weekday afternoon, even though we knew that it would be a long drive. But, since it had an interesting menu as well as ambiance, we went ahead and thought of giving the place a try. At the outset, it is spread over three floors with a beautiful decor, good ambiance and a welcoming staff. We were greeted with courtesy and asked to choose what all we would like to taste. My mother was eating a vegetarian meal on that day so she chose the veg thai curry, mirchi bhajji, a mocktail, thai chilli paneer and a few desserts. I, on the other hand, tried the non veg dishes, in which, my pick was the roasted chicken, chicken wings, fish and chips, a mocktail and dessert. I must say that all the dishes were super delicious and the presentation was spot on! They were pleasing to the eye and the tongue. I highly recommend this place for having a great time with friends and family!
2. Studs Sports Bar– Another new outlet in JP Nagar, this one is a famous sports bar from Mumbai, that has opened its doors in Namma Bengaluru! We were invited here for a food tasting on a weekday afternoon and I headed here with my sister. This place is located on the third floor of the building and has facilities to play pool or watch sports on the big screen. With an open bar, a spacious seating area, good music being played, this place is pleasing from the moment you enter. My top picks from here would be the Pepper Prawns, that my sister tried and loved! I am allergic to sea food so I skipped this one. Instead, for the starters, I went for the Moroccan Skewers, which has a distinct flavor! We also tried the amazing fish and chips along with some refreshing mocktails! Coming to the main course, we tried the stuffed chicken breast, pork chops, and Thai Burnt noodles. I did not prefer the noodles too much as I expected a bit more flavor there but the rest of the main course was lip smacking! I am definitely going back here for a good meal. For the desserts, do not miss the Chocolate Decadent and Panna Cotta!
3. Noodle Theory– Located in the bylanes of Seshadripuram (close to Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath), this is a small vegetarian joint that you cannot afford to miss! I have been here multiple times already and am a fan! You can customize your own noodles or rice here with a choice of toppings and sauces. Further, you can also choose the kind of noodles or rice, paired with a drink and dessert. They also have dumplings and veg sushi that is highly recommended. My top pick here would be the jasmine rice or flat noodles with the japanese wine sauce! Also, don’t miss on the refreshing Goli Soda here!
4. Ambrosia- A vegetarian restaurant in RR Nagar which is so beautiful and green that you cannot miss it! It is located near a nursery, nestled in trees and natural beauty. There are options for outdoor and indoor seating here but no provision for an air conditioner, so choose your season and timing before the visit. The staff is courteous, welcoming and helpful which made our visit even more memorable. Coming to the food, the green thai curry and rice is highly recommended. The crispy corn, mozerella sticks and cigar rolls in starters would be my top picks. You can also try the thin crust pizzas and ravioli here! Highly recommend this beautiful place where you can see squirrels running and hear the birds chirping.
5. Eat Retreat- If Desi Khana or North Indian food is on your mind, look no further than this place on Sarjapur Road! It has a homely ambiance with welcoming owners and some delicious food! I visited here on a weekend lunch with my friends and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The kababs are made fresh and live on order, which is honestly a delight to watch and capture for the food blogger in me. Enjoyed the chicken tangdi kabab, malai tikka – it was super flavourful! The rotis and dhaba chicken curry also makes a great combo here. Also, an interesting part of this place is that they have collaborated with Mooch Marod, on serving their customers giant stuffed parathas. You can’t miss out on these with the yummy white butter! Here, you will get veg and non veg options. Loved the experience here and hoping to visit again sometime soon!
Keep sharing the love for food!