Baked Yogurt Chicken with Herbed Rice for a perfect lunch!
This was the most adventurous experiment we did during the lockdown time for a full meal with chicken. We are big time chicken lovers, all four of us at home, and having baked chicken is a delicacy we did not want to miss! This was a recipe we tried and everyone loved the flavors. It was different than the usual chicken curry or chilli chicken made at home. It had less oil, loaded with flavors, herbs and baked to perfection for that unforgettable taste! So, let’s get started on the process of making this chicken, without further adieu.
4 pieces of chicken thigh with leg (you can use only leg pieces or other pieces with bone as well)
1 Cup Greek Yogurt/Hung Curd/ Curd without water
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp Parsley leaves
1 tbsp Basil leaves
1 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves
Any more herbs available at home for more flavor
2 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
10-12 pods of chopped garlic
2 tbsp Melted Butter
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp lime juice
- Wash and clean the chicken first. Apply slits on the skin of the chicken with a knife so that the marination is done well.
- In a large bowl, marinate all the chicken pieces with yogurt, lime juice, salt, pepper, all the mixed herbs, chopped garlic, melted butter and chilli flakes.
- Rest the chicken for 1.5-2 hours.
- Once it is marinated well after the resting period, mix 1 tbsp Olive Oil in the chicken.
- Oil a baking tray with olive oil and place the marinated chicken pieces on it.
- Bake in a 180 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or till the chicken is cooked properly.
- Serve with bread or herbed rice!
HERBED RICE RECIPE:
This goes great with the Yogurt Chicken prepared above and it is super easy to make! You need to boil the required quantity of rice first. In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, fry some garlic, add the mix herbs, salt and chilli flakes. Mix well and serve!
We enjoyed this lunch immensely during lockdown and we hope you shall try it too! A bit of preplanning is required to prepare this meal but the end results are lovely. For more recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel.