Atta Ladoo recipe & tips on Diwali cleaning
Diwali, the festival of lights, is round the corner and it is one of the biggest Indian festivals, celebrated in almost every home. It is the time when families get together, over homely food, festive treats, crackers and illuminate the festival. It is indeed a beautiful time which becomes even more awaited due to the variety of homemade sweets, prepared during this time. Not only do people gift sweets to each other, many houses start making sweets, weeks in advance for the pooja or gifting purposes. Some of the popular Indian sweets seen abundantly during this time would be the infamous Kaju Katli, ladoos, besan barfi, rasgullas, peda, and more. Among them, there is a homely sweet which can be made with the simplest of ingredients and yet, tastes so delicious. Yes, I am referring to the Atta Ladoo! Mothers have been using various recipes for this sweet, and children have been gulping these down for years, because nobody can stop at just one! And no, calories don’t count during the festive season. Here is the recipe my mother uses to make her version of the Atta ladoo that my sister and I enjoy relishing during the festive season.
Today, I am sharing this healthy homemade sweet recipe with you, that you must try during the Diwali season. And, tips as well as a useful product will also be shared in the article, which will make cleaning the mess in your kitchen much easier! So, read on, for the list of ingredients required to make the Atta Ladoos–
Dry Fruits- mixed- 1/2 cup
Atta- 500 gms
Sooji/Rava- 100 gms
Ghee- as required
Brown sugar/cane sugar/coconut sugar- 150-200 gms
Elaichi- 1/2 (optional)
- Chop the mixed dry fruits in small pieces and roast them on a low flame. Once they turn aromatic, keep it aside
- Add 2-4 tbsp ghee in the same pan, and start roasting the atta for 10-12 minutes on a low flame. Now, slowly add the rava to this and continue the roasting for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the flour starts turning reddish and becomes aromatic, add the ground sugar of any kind that you are using to this and mix well. We have eliminated the processed white sugar here and used healthier versions such as the cane or coconut sugar. The only thing to keep in mind is that the sugar should be in powdered form here.
- You can add the elaichi, if you wish, at this stage.
- Now, the sugar starts melting into the flour.
- Mix everything slowly and then add the roasted dry fruits.
- Once this mixture cools down a bit, start shaping them in the form of ladoos. Do this step carefully and patiently, in order to avoid breaking these delicate ladoos.
- Repeat this for the entire mix and then serve the ladoos once they are completely cooled down.
This is a healthier version of the homely Atta Ladoo that you can try this festive season and share with friends or family. It can be used for Pooja, gifting purposes or even in house Diwali parties! Sounds like a hit recipe, doesn’t it? Universal favorite, multipurpose, delicious, healthy and easy to make- what are you waiting for? Get started!
But, if you are afraid of the mess or stains in your kitchen or gas burner post all the Diwali cooking, I have the perfect cleaning solution for you! I recently tried the CIF Power and Shine Kitchen Cleaner, which is user friendly, comes in a spill proof bottle and cleans tough stains very easily! After the preparation of the ladoos, there was a mess in my kitchen but this spray surely helped me get rid of all the stains, especially the tough ones!
Hence, I suggest – #Don’tJustCleanIt,CifIt . We all are aware that while cooking, there are often spills & accidents which make the gas stove dirty & greasy, CIF helps to clean your stove and bring a shine like new one! With orange and tangerine oil in the solution, it is perfect to remove those stains, which are as adamant as the guests that don’t leave even after the Diwali party! The best part is that it is easily available in stores, online and is cost friendly at the same time. I recommend this product, why don’t you give it a try?
Wishing you all a very Happy Diwali! We hope you have a joyous and safe festive season, in the presence of your loved ones. If you enjoyed or liked this Diwali special sweet recipe, do give it a try at home and of course, there is no need to worry about the mess post that because the CIF cleaner is here to help you take care of it! Let’s get cooking and cleaning, with ease, this festive season!