20 minute Homemade Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
If you love Pasta, especially Spaghetti, you need to try makin this quick Aglio e Olio at home. We tried this during the lockdown phase at home and absolutely loved the results! The best part about this recipe is that it is made with simple, easily available ingredients and ready in no time for a quick dinner or lunch on busy days. It took us hardly 20 minutes to get the finished dish on the plate and gobble it up! We love Aglio e Olio and would order it at a cafe or restaurant often. Now, having made it so easily at home, we are not sure if we would like to order it out anymore!
Let’s learn how to make this at home. The first step is boling the spaghetti which needs to be done carefully in order to avoid it from sticking. Important point to note here is that you should always cook the spaghetti only 80% as the rest cooks along with the other ingredients. Follow these steps for the same:
1. In rolling boil water, drop the required amount of spaghetti. We used whole wheat spaghetti (250gms) for the process.
2. Keep checking the pasta every 2 minutes in order to understand the consistency.
3. Bite and check occasionally to see if its done.
4. Take out 3/4th of this Pasta Water in a mug and keep aside.
5. Once done, drain the water out of the spaghetti using a strainer.
6. Immediately, toss the spaghetti to avoid it from sticking.
7. Add 1 tbsp Olive Oil to the pasta and toss again. Keep it aside
8. In a pan, heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil and add 12-14 pods of finely chopped garlic. Let the garlic brown.
9. Add 2 tbsp Red chilli flakes and mix.
10. Add the reserved pasta water here and mix.
11. Add the boiled spaghetti now and toss in the pan.
12. Add lime juice of 1/2 lime, 1.5 tbsp salt, sliced olives/mushrooms/chicken and mix well.
13. Garnish with parsley/coriander and grated cheese.
14. Serve hot!
We love this quick recipe a lot and have made it a couple of times at home. We hope you try it out as well and comment below if you do!
The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.